Thursday, February 14, 2013

Goofy Amie





See this cute little monkey? She is the silliest little girl you will ever meet. For the past few weeks she has been trying to "play jokes" on me. She will do things like sneak up on me and and poke me or pull my hair or something and then say, "Mama, Papa did that to you!" She thinks it is SO funny and until recently, I thought she really believed she was tricking me. That was until she started pulling off some pretty good pranks.

Last Saturday the dog started barking while I was in my room. I stuck my head out and asked what he was barking at? Amie said, "Catie's here. She just ran upstairs." I couldn't imagine what Catie was doing up and back at my house at 8:30 on a Saturday, so I started up the stairs to ask her. I was about half way up the stairs when Amie yelled, "I fooled you!" I laughed so hard! I couldn't believe she pulled that off so good!

Then today in the middle of wrestling around with Leah she stops and rubs Leah's head and says, "Oh, no Leah! What happened to your head? You have something red right here!" Leah goes running off to check out the damage and Amie actually waited for her to look in the mirror before yelling "fooled you!" Not bad for a 4 year old!

Ok, this last story isn't of her trying to be funny, but it's a hilarious story and I want to always remember it. It happened a few months ago. Leah brings books home from school each night to practice her reading. They are patterned books with picture cues. Leah reads them first, then Amie has to have a turn reading them. She brought one home called "This is my mom". It was structured "This is my mom. She is a _____ ." The picture cues help with the blank. She'd brought it home a few times, so Amie was familiar with it. It was sitting on the table so Amie picked it up and started reading it. She reads "This is my mom. She is a..." and looks at the picture and says "teacher".  Next page has a picture of a woman with a stethescope and some animals and she reads "This is my mom. She is a vet." right on cue. She turns the page to a picture of a judge in a long black robe and without missing a beat reads "This is my mom. She is a vampire." and continues right on reading. I laugh until tears stream down my face every time I think about how seriously she read it! It was so funny! I'd give anything to have recorded it.

I love that little girl! She always makes me laugh! I just have to be careful how I laugh because her feelings get hurt if she thinks I'm laughing at her.

No comments:

Post a Comment