Saturday, November 5, 2011

My sweet Kate


 I really didn't want to use this blog for anything other than happy and fun things that happen in our family, but I can't NOT blog about my sweet dog. I got Kate when I was a freshman in college and she was 8 weeks old. She was my first baby and spoiled rotten. There are a million cute stories I could tell you about her, but right now they just make me too sad to think about. We had to put Kate down on Thursday night. She started going down hill a few weeks ago and we didn't want her to suffer. She would have been 12 in January. I thought I was prepared, but I am so overwhelmingly sad. I can't believe we had to it so fast. She will be so missed forever!

Here's the one funny story I can manage right now. Kate LOVED to open presents! She was just about as excited as any kid you'd ever see on Christmas morning. She'd stick her nose right into the present and start digging and shaking like crazy. It was really something to see! It didn't matter what was in the present, she just liked to open it. It's going to be a hard Christmas without her this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment